As delicious as our chocolate truffles are, they just can't cool you off like one of our refreshing ice pops. Here is a super cool and spicy treat that will keep you as cool as a cucumber this summer.
Cucumber Sriracha Pops
Yields: 10 – 3 oz. Pops
1.5 lbs. cucumbers
1 tbsp lime juice
1 tsp sriracha hot sauce
1. Put empty pop mold in freezer to chill, and submerge 10 pop sticks in water to soak.
2. Bring water, sugar, and honey to a boil to dissolve the sugars. Set aside to cool.
3. Cut cucumbers into ½-1 inch pieces and puree in blender until smooth. Strain through a fine mesh strainer to get mostly juice and some puree.
4. Combine strained cucumber, lime juice, sriracha sauce, and sugar/water/honey mixture.
5. Pour mixture into pop molds, leaving about ¼ inch space at the top for expansion when freezing.
6. Put lid on pop mold. Insert pop sticks. Put in freezer to freeze until solid (about 2-4 hours).
7. To remove pops from mold, remove the lid, dip the bottom part of the mold in lukewarm water bath for a few seconds to release. Then, pull each pop out individually.
8. Eat immediately or place in airtight plastic bag to store for later.
*The pops will keep for about a week in the freezer.