The real Mardi Gras in New Orleans may be over, but we’re just gearing up here in Vermont. This Saturday is the 17th Annual Magic Hat Mardi Gras Parade in downtown Burlington.
Here are six reasons why we think it’s one of the best events of the year!
1. It’s the largest carnivale celebration in the northeast.
2. The parade and events benefit Hope Works (ending sexual violence through HOPE)
3. All the floats throw beads, moonpies, and chocolate coins from Lake Champlain Chocolates!
4. There’s a special “Little Jambalaya Viewing Zone” section.
5. LCC gets to be one of the judges to determine the best float!
6. We’re convinced nowhere else in the world but Burlington, VT would 25,000 people line the streets for a parade in freezing, winter temps!