Vermont has long been ahead of the curve in the “good food” department. The best maple syrup on the planet, award-winning beer and cheese, beautiful hand-blown glassware and simply stunning cutting boards are just a sampling of what our home state has to offer. Working at a chocolate company where ingredient and product quality are of the utmost importance, you can bet there’s a lot of LCC employees that could be classified as “foodies.” We asked around the office and compiled a list of our favorite Vermont crafted, food related gifts for the gourmand on your list!
1. Lake Champlain Chocolates Revel Chocolates- Handcrafted truffles in five unique flavors, sure to please any chocolate aficionado. Paired truffles include WhistlePig Straight Rye Whiskey, Vermont Butter & Cheese Creamery Crème Fraîche, George Howell Espresso, Bergamot & Honey, and Chipotle Cinnamon.
2. Vermont Butcher Block Cheese Board- This cheese board was made with locally harvested Cherry and is just beautiful with the Tiger Maple stripe contrasting against the orange-red of the cherry. It's the perfect piece for a formal spread or even a picnic in the meadows of Vermont.
3. Apple Cider Caramels- We teamed up with Citizen Cider and Happy Valley Orchard to create luscious, new Apple Cider Caramels! Each bite will remind you of an orchard-fresh apple dipped in slow-cooked caramel and drenched in milk chocolate. A classic taste of Vermont!
4. Vermont Creamery Goat Log Trio- These fresh goat cheeses have earned an honored place among chefs, both home and professional alike. The cheese is made with fresh goat's milk that sets overnight, is drained and then shaped into logs. This cheese is distinguished by a simple, mild, fresh goat's milk favor and is highly versatile as an ingredient or as part of a cheeseboard.
5. New Duds Vegetable Print Tea Towels- Perfect for any kitchen, this set of tea towels is hand drawn and hand printed by our friends at New Duds in Colchester, VT. Set of three Flour Sack Tea Towels in unique vegetable print designs!
6. Lake Champlain Chocolates Peppermint Hot Chocolate- Have a merry, minty holiday season! Our Peppermint Hot Chocolate is a refreshing blend of luxurious cocoa and refreshing peppermint, with hints of vanilla and cinnamon. Just the thing to warm everyone up on a cold day!
Happy Holidays from all of us here at Lake Champlain Chocolates!