A turkey at Thanksgiving is more than just a tradition, it’s almost mandatory. Fortunately, we’ve expanded your scope of turkeys and their uses by adding our chocolate versions to the mix. We have milk and dark placesetting turkeys as well as a centerpiece turkey, and they all look lovely on a table setting at Thanksgiving, but we’ve also been able to find a few other ways in which you might also try using our chocolate turkeys this Thanksgiving:
1. Start the meal off with a chocolate turkey: Instead of getting angry at grandpa for “tasting” the mashed potatoes one too many times, give him a chocolate turkey to tie him over. A little chocolate can go a long way to help to warm your palate before the feast!
2. When you bring out the real turkey, give a chocolate turkey to your vegetarian guests. Nobody should be without turkey on Thanksgiving!
3. Make our turkeys your dessert-toppers! What happier place could there be for a few turkeys than on top of a Pumpkin Pie or in the midst of scaling an ice cream mountain?
4. Can’t be with all of your loved ones on Thanksgiving? Let them know you’re thinking of them: send them a turkey in the mail.
5. Hold a Thanksgiving Turkey Coloring Party (with or without children) with Edible Food Coloring Markers.
6. Stage an Epic Battle Between our Centerpiece Turkey and our 2.5 Pound Santa. Get creative. Make a backdrop and film it. Let us know who wins!
7. Have you been invited to a friend's place for your Thanksgiving feast? Don't bring a bottle of wine or a pumpkin pie! Bring a set of chocolate turkeys to your gathering! It's original and you can be sure it will be a crowd pleaser.
8. Hide a few away for stocking stuffers. Yes, our chocolate snowmen are awfully cute, but I’m sure there are a few animal lovers out there who would rather get a turkey! And pure milk chocolate keeps for 16 months (dark chocolate lasts for 20), so no worries on that front!
Whatever you do with our turkeys this Thanksgiving, they are a great tradition to have, and infusing a little Vermont (and Turkey, and Chocolate) charm into your Thanksgiving festivities is sure to be a success!