When someone mentions a chocolate factory, Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory is one of the first things that probably comes to your mind.
I’ll admit our chocolate factory does not make giant edible mushrooms, lick-able wallpaper or an ever-lasting gobstopper. We have no chocolate lake, nor do we have a Wonkavision that transports chocolate straight into people’s homes (although that would be pretty cool.) And no Oompa Loompas.
Here is what we do have- and you can see it all for free. No golden ticket required!
• A chocolate waterfall that envelopes caramels, clusters, Five Star Bars and our irresistible truffles.
• Expert tour guides who are full of interesting tidbits and knowledge about where chocolate comes from and how it is made. And you don’t have to worry about being thrown into a chocolate river or blown up like a blueberry.
• Melting tanks of milk and dark chocolate constantly moving to perfectly temper the chocolate.
• Cool machines including the enrober (see chocolate waterfall), the magnetic tumbler and the molding plant that deposits chocolate every fraction of a second!
• Lots of samples! Ok, it’s not a lifetime supply of chocolate but your tour guide will lead you in a chocolate tasting where you learn the differences between milk, dark and white chocolate. And you'll receive generous samples of whatever we happen to be making that day. Can't wait until you arrive to have some free chocolate? Sign up for our newsletter for a chance to win a free box of chocolates!
Every single piece of our chocolate is made right here on Pine Street in Burlington, Vermont. Come visit us and experience the art of chocolate making that is almost as magical as you might imagine.